Lift points on Kelt 7.6

ayar
When launching the boat with the straps set at the points indicated by the previous owner I noted it was somewhat bow-heavy (with no loads inside that would upset the balance).  What are the recommended distances from bow and stern for straps for launch/haulout?

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

Mark Williamson
Administrator
I don't know but I'll post a few photos of mine on the straps.

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

ayar
Thanks Mark,

Bow strap is definitely further aft than mine .  Difficult to judge where stern strap is on photo but I suspect it is closer to the keel than my indicated lift point.

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

Mark Williamson
Administrator
Here's another photo.  When they haul the boat they powerwash it while it's in the straps (then sometimes don't bother powerwashing after removing them) so you can see the grime that was beneath the straps.  I've added arrows:

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

Glenn Thomson
Your crane operator should know about centering the load.  I'd show you what my lift looks like ( I trusted operator) but I can't get photo onto message.
Any tricks to that?  From a Mac.

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

Glenn Thomson

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

ayar
Thanks Mark,

Definitely further in than mine.  I'll remeasure at haul-out

Angus

Re: Lift points on Kelt 7.6

ayar
Thanks Lefty,

Seems to coincide with what Mark posted - definitely will move the points towards the keel.

Angus