forward deck hatch/vent

Glenn Thomson
Does anyone know the brand name of the hatch/vent on 7.6 Kelt?
And has anyone found a parts kit for the vent and seal?

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

shday
On my boat, it's the Beckson Vent-O-Mate (C-6SS). There's a picture on the company website:
https://beckson.com/vent.html. You could contact them about parts.

I replaced mine in 2018. I got it from www.marineoutfitters.ca. It doesn't look like they sell parts kits though.

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

Glenn Thomson
Thanks again, yes that C-6SS vent cover is what I have too.  The plastic bits that make up the vent are nearly turned to powder.

Looks like the cover and plastic parts all come as one,  I'll contact to see if vent comes without top steel cover.

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

Glenn Thomson
Contacted Beckson.com, they are manufacturers of the vent.
They have a part kit C-6D that replaces the original plastic parts.
Waiting to here where I can order from, not listed on Amazon or at West Marine.

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

Glenn Thomson
$40 US + shipping from Beckson for the vent plastic parts.  They advised try Fisheries Supplies in Seattle.
There you go.  I just bought a new in box complete Beckson vent from Craig's for $12 CDN

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

Ryan
Just replaced foreward hatch vent.  Nice that the same vents are still made.  Pretty easy job however, the new screws are a different length then what was there previously and some of the plexiglass has chipped away.  The newer Vent-O-Mate has very minor improvements over the old one.  The old plastic pieces pretty much turned to sand when I touched them.

Re: forward deck hatch/vent

markobar
This post was updated on .
Edit. Ok so I got the hatch off the boat and I’m currently working on it. I’ll get back in a sec.