Whisker pole questions

ayar
I'm looking at adding a whisker pole for racing.  Comments on mast ring height for 155 genoa would be appreciated.  Also is it better to go with the (expensive) Rig Rite car and all the accessories or go with a fixed ring and a less expensive telescoping pole.

Many thanks

Angus Ross

Re: Whisker pole questions

Dave
Telescoping poles eventually jam and if you are seriously racing, your competitors will want you to declare your pole length.  Control the height of the sail clew by adjusting the downhaul/topping lift on the pole. Position the mast ring where it is convenient for jybing. I'm 6 ft and the fixed ring on the mast is about chin level.

Re: Whisker pole questions

ayar
Thanks Dave.  Just friendly local club racing so I guess for PHRF I would declare pole as being foot length of largest jib.  Have to think about convenience of telescoping (storage) vs likelihood of jamming.

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:39 AM, Dave [via Kelt Sailboat Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Telescoping poles eventually jam and if you are seriously racing, your competitors will want you to declare your pole length.  Control the height of the sail clew by adjusting the downhaul/topping lift on the pole. Position the mast ring where it is convenient for jybing. I'm 6 ft and the fixed ring on the mast is about chin level.

http://kelt-sailboat-forum.3990426.n2.nabble.com/Whisker-pole-questions-tp7559475p7559476.html
To unsubscribe from Whisker pole questions, click here.
NAML