Renewing swing keel raising sheet

NickTurner
Hello All,

I have recently purchased a kelt 29
The keel raising sheet and block system is very UV damaged.
I am wanting to swap out both sheets.
Can anyone kindly offer advice on this and what type of rope should be used as a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Lucy moored on the Crouch River Essex

Re: Renewing swing keel raising sheet

Shane
Hi Nick ,

 I think I nearly bought Lucy in 2016 , I was chatting on price and in the end bought a kelt 29 in Devon,  Levantine, who carried us safely home across the Celtic Sea.
I got a lot of spares including swing keel sheet with spliced hoops for shackles at either end, I would be 90% sure it's  Dynemaa but my advise would be bring original sheet to rigger or chandlery and get copy made maybe even improved material or braided covering.

Best regards
Shane

Re: Renewing swing keel raising sheet

SEA -B
 Keel lifting. Have just had a failure of wire strop connecting keel lifting sheet to shackle on keel itself!I sail from a drying harbour (Bray. co Wicklow in Ireland) so major problem as lowered keel starts to burrow into sand on falling tide. Solution : as keel first touches on falling tide haul boat forward causing keel to fold into its slot in grounding plate . When boat is hi and dry  and keel fully up open windows in keel box  and attach new measured length wire strop between keel  shackle and  lifting sheet TRICKY
jim Doyle
00353876315122