Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

FVorreiter
Hi everyone,
we just purchased our first sailboat and it appears the boom gooseneck broke during a stormy night during our first week in harbour. From what I understand, replacement parts are hard to come by.
I am contemplating replacing the gooseneck toggle and inserting new rivets in the intact boom areas, or buying a new gooseneck assembly from a contemporary manufacturer that fits the boom. Worst case scenario I guess would be to buy a new boom as well.

I would love to get your advice.

Best regards,

Florian

Gooseneck damage

Re: Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

Mark Williamson
Administrator
Have you tried the rigrite website yet?

Here are some booms:  http://www.rigrite.com/spars/isomat_spars/Isomat_Booms/isomat_Booms.html

Info on ordering:  http://www.rigrite.com/WEBstuff/Ordering.html

You can send them dimensions, pix, etc. and they can help find parts.

I can't tell what damage is to the toggle but as you say it appears the rivets could be replaced with additional pieces of aluminum added and riveted.

Re: Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

FVorreiter
Thank you. I have tried RigRite, but haven't done a part inquiry. I will try that next.

Re: Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

Mark Williamson
Administrator
Good luck.  Let us know what you find out.  As our boats get older more of us are going to be searching for parts.

Re: Needing help replacing the gooseneck (Kelt 7.60)

PrairieSail
Did you ever find a replacement gooseneck? I've just found mine broken and will try to get it welded but hoping to find a replacement part.