Kelt 9.0 swing keel question.

Kevman
So my swing keel is stuck in the up position from no use last few years by PO.
I've removed the SS Centerboard tower and found two nylon blocks on either side of the keel just forward of the hole thru the hull.
The big question is are these just keel nesting blocks to keep the keel from banging around while retracted and they are bolted in place thru the outside of the hollow well OR are these two nylon blocks bolted TO the swing keel and go up and down with it so it is always centered.
It appears that since they are located at the highest point on the keel that if they are attached to the keel that they would NOT come out of the well or slot during sailing use but maybe would come out for replacement while in travel lift slings up high and the board pushed forward past normal.
Has anyone dealt with these nylon centering blocks before?