Hatch rubber

Wes - "Molly Malone"
The rubber/sponge that goes under the sliding companionway hatch on my 850 has perished. I'm struggling to find a supplier for a replacement, does anyone have any suggestions?  Many thanks

Re: Hatch rubber

Mark Williamson
Administrator
Not sure if I know exactly what you're referring to.  I have a 7.60.  Several years ago I pulled off the two stainless steel rails that hold the companionway hatch down and put down 1 and 1/16" x 1/8" general purpose weather seal.  I picked up the weather seal at an auto parts store.  It comes in rolls with adhesive on one side.  So far it's worked out pretty well.  There's a slight bit of flex due to it's thickness but that doesn't seem to impede the function.

The "stuff" that was there previously was a thin strip of wood.  I assumed that was put there by a previous owner.  Not sure what might have been there originally.  The wood, although it appeared to be treated, had begun to rot and water was leaking through the bolt holes.

Best of luck.

RE: Hatch rubber

Wes - "Molly Malone"

Mark, that’s great thanks very much for the feedback, I’ll give a couple of local shops a try this weekend.

Best regards

Wes

Wesley Absolom

Underwriter

+44 207 398 2654

Global Yacht Cover | 2 Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7BB

E-Mail:  [hidden email]

Global Yacht Cover is a trading name of Alwen Hough Johnson Limited which is a Lloyd’s Broker | Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority | Registration 308774 | Company Number 1195076.

Not sure if I know exactly what you're referring to.  I have a 7.60.  Several years ago I pulled off the two stainless steel rails that hold the companionway hatch down and put down 1 and 1/16" x 1/8" general purpose weather seal.  I picked up the weather seal at an auto parts store.  It comes in rolls with adhesive on one side.  So far it's worked out pretty well.  There's a slight bit of flex due to it's thickness but that doesn't seem to impede the function.

The "stuff" that was there previously was a thin strip of wood.  I assumed that was put there by a previous owner.  Not sure what might have been there originally.  The wood, although it appeared to be treated, had begun to rot and water was leaking through the bolt holes.

Best of luck.

http://kelt-sailboat-forum.3990426.n2.nabble.com/Hatch-rubber-tp7559460p7559461.html

To unsubscribe from Hatch rubber, click here.
NAML