Custom Companionway Stairs Project

Ryan
Hello all,

I thought I'd share a project I've been working on. As you know there is a fair bit of space under the stairs. Some boats have their water tank or holding tank in that space but there is still enough space left over for a large cooler. The problem is that it's hard to access that space because you have to completely remove the stairs. My solution was to make new stairs that can open from the front so you can access the space behind easily. I still have some finishing work to do but the project is on pause until we get back from a sailing trip.  Here are some pictures of what's done so far.

IMG_20200624_2137390.jpg
IMG_20200625_1301200.jpg

Re: Custom Companionway Stairs Project

Mark Williamson
Administrator
Nice. That's something I've thought about over the years. You're design is much better than what I had in mind.

Re: Custom Companionway Stairs Project

Ryan
Just wanted to share the finished product. It feels nice and solid and is easy to disassemble if necessary. We'll see how it does with the test of time.