Companion way

markobar
Gentlemen, it’s time for me to replace the old companion way door set that the previous owner had “created”. It’s cheap. Flimsy and doesn’t do the boat any good I think. Has anyone built their own? Teak and holly? Plexus? Some other material?
I’ve seen a few done in plexiglass and I’m kind of leaning that way. For the cash teak isn’t cheap but stands the test of time. Not quite sure what the fall will bring as I’m getting hauled out very soon for my move. I’ll post pics once I’ve decided on a solution. Also would need a vent of some sort to keep fresh air in the cabin.

Side note:  will also be replacing the forward hatch plexiglass, alone with re-sealing the actual hatch seal-old and cracked. I will also be trying out a headlight restoration kit on the port holes as well. I’ve do t the lights on a car- it turned out pretty good. Will post pics once completed

Interested to see if anyone has done these projects

Re: Companion way

Glenn Thomson
I've done companion with tinted plexiglass.  Glad I did, adds much needed light to otherwise dark cabin.  I'll post pics.

Re: Companion way

markobar
Hey Glen, that would be awsome to see, thanks a lot man. Could you also tell me what thickness you used for the Plexi?

Marko