BVI trip charter

markobar
This post was updated on .

So to keep with the sailing theme, I recently was on a charter with my wife and 4 friends in the BVI over this past March break. If you’ve never gone it’s a bucket list thing to do in my opinion. We chartered a Moorings 40’ Cat named China cat sunflower 2. We captained it ourselves. Best way to do it. Go where you want when you want kinda thing. Cats definitely sail differently than the Kelt does. No heel. Not indication of speed but man do they NOT like sailing Up wind hahah.

We went clockwise around the islands. Usually people go counter clockwise but we are different lol. With the constant 20kt easterly wind it was nice down wind-running and beam reaching.

We took hundreds of photos as you would but those are just a sample of the amazing time we had. Our dream to sail the ocean. So we had to sail the ocean haha.

If anyone has questions I’d be more then happy to answer them

Re: BVI trip charter

Mark Williamson
Administrator
That sounds amazing. Will need to look into it.

We've thought about chartering in Greece but after some research decided to put it off. The winds can be strong and ports of call can be very crowded.

The only "chartering" we've done was to rent a Cal 20 in Hawaii (big island) for some mild sailing and whale watching.